Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Week in the everyday life of the Harts

Not sure if this will interest any of you, but it may be entertaining to write! Here goes the beginning of the week.
Sunday:
Today I started the day by "waking up" to kiss my hubby good bye at maybe 5:30ish. I quickly fell back asleep while he went off to church. My second wake up was around seven. I got a quick update on the computer and was quickly lost searching random AI stuff. Stella joined me around eight. So up we got to get around and have breakfast, because her, I and Ava were starving! Naomi slept in till nine. Yeah! That girl needs more sleep.
After breakfast I encouraged them to get dressed quickly so that they could play outside in the beautiful weather before church. Naomi obliged and was ready to play. I don't usually call a tank top and knit pants church clothes, but didn't want to fight it today. Plus, she looked super comfy. Stella was still wandering around not getting dressed, just getting into trouble. It took her till about 10:30 to get it all done.
We started doing a little house blessing or chores, whatever you want to call it :) Stella got the trash duty and Naomi sent her laundry down the chute. We all love the laundry chute! I had the big cleaning job, because I was hosting BUNCO tonight. Of course, I want all to be perfect for that! Well, I would like it perfect always, so this was a good excuse to try. I really do enjoy deep cleaning.
The older girls were doing crafts and finding bugs outside till time for church. Ava wandered around by herself a little, while I cleaned. She looked at some books and played on the keyboard most of the time. I think I am remembering a getting into the toilet water somewhere in there too? Yes, yes and she ate some pink marker that I couldn't get off her hands and mouth and nose for church. I'm telling you, I scrubbed that stuff and it wasn't coming off!
Off to church we went. Got there right on time for the older girls to hurry off to super church and Ava to play in nursery. Great sermon as always and the best worship around!
Went to Jason's Deli for lunch afterwards and was happily surprised by the month of May special. 99 cent kids meals on Saturday and Sunday with the purchase of an adult meal. Woo Hoo! We couldn't have eaten cheaper at McD's. I got a great new wrap with hummus on it. Yummo.
After waiting for all to finish their ice cream we all came home. Even Nate. He helped clean by taking out the trash and bonus, washing all the trash cans. Then back to church he went.
When we got home from church the girls found a May day basket on our door. They were super excited. It had a super strange poem on it. Something about three whites, bathing and monkeys. If it is from you, fess up in the comments so we can know what that means. I loved the origami flowers in it and the girls loved the candy! Who knew you were to put candy in May day baskets? Oh well, I got my chocolate craving answered :)
Stella was glad Nate was gone because I had said when Daddy left they could see if the neighbor girl could play outside with them. So, they went over and played inside her house and had a delightful little snack there. I did a quick check to make sure that was all right and came back to setting up. Totally leaving the dishes for last. They are my unfavorite lately.
Four thirty came and I went to wrestle the girls away from the neighbors. (last week Stella was trying to trade mommies with Mia, the neighbor girl) Took them back to church for Daddy to take care of. Saw some friends that I wanted to catch up with so I chatted for a few minutes.
Drove home to finish the dishes and prepare drinks for BUNCO. Was so glad to get it done to make it peaceful and nice for BUNCO. Even made coffee, which I thought no one would drink. But they did! Cut one of my Joseph's Coat roses for the high table too. Won $20 bucks tonight for having the most wins! Yeah! Last month I got the most losses and won $3.75. Got to chat with the girls about gardening, vacations and just have some good laughs. It was great!
Finished putting the girls to bed after BUNCO. Read books with Ava. Trying to read the same books to her everyday. To see if she will learn the animals and do the signs or make their noises. She doesn't sign or talk much. As yet, she has "mooo"ed once, panted like a dog once, and tried to sign kitty. Oh, and she will "quack, quack" occasionally. She does giggle a lot at me and the animal pictures.
Stella and Naomi were hungry. Got them bananas. Turned the lights off and said no talking. Stella fell asleep and Naomi came out with bad dreams about "The Princess and the Frog"! I knew we should have not watched that movie! Next time I will follow my instinct. Needless to say, this is not the first time we have dealt with bad dreams about that show. After much whining about the camera not working for her to look at her pictures, I sent her to bed with a book to read until she falls asleep.
Nate was across the street with Neighbor Dave, as we call him around here fixing my air conditioning!!!! It is now good to freeze us out of the car. No more girls crying that there backs are sweaty when I am trying to garage sale :)
I am about ready for bed and it sounds like it is going to storm tonight. Hope my ferns and other plants make it through.
Will post pics tomorrow. I cannot find the cord for downloading. Apparently, the house isn't perfect :)
Blessings!

1 comment:

Resa said...

Oh goodie! I'm glad you're diving in for a week!