Saturday, May 8, 2010

Worms

Saturday:
I can't help but wish, on Saturdays, that time would last like it did in childhood. Remember that, when an hour seemed like five! Think of the good times we would have! Instead, it is usually filled with trying to pack all extra house chores, extra curricular activities, and extra home projects into one short day.
I tried not to feel the pressure, self inflicted, to get every to do list done today. I dragged out of bed at eight when Ava was calling. Nate dragged quicker and got her up, dressed and a cup of milk before my eyes even decrusted. Then off to the store he went. Came home with my grocery list done and three gifts purchased at Kohl's. whoa! That should have taken care of his goals for the day.
Then he, yes, he made breakfast....eggs and toast and bacon and coffee. That was nice. I think I was piddling around looking at house plans and... well, probably telling the girls to get dressed.
Got a little more laundry started before taking the girls to weekly swim lessons at eleven. Those went smooth today. Even in the locker room:)
I made a quick trip to Kohl's again before the power shopping hours were over and stopped by HD for some soaker hoses for the garden. The garden I was planting today. Was. Now Monday. I even found the tp I needed at HD! We need a lot around here.
The girls found some giant worms in the front garden.


They got their money out to buy from the ice cream truck they had heard. It never came back by. How sad for them. Nate and I finished moving our four tons of rock to usable places other than the driveway.

I had determined we would be done working by four o'clock today. Then, we were getting dinner and a family movie. By five forty we were at Papa Murphy's getting our pizza. Not bad. We rented Alvin and the Chipmunks II. Apparently, Naomi, and her friends play this on the play ground. The girls enjoyed it. Even Ava was dancing and eating a huge piece of crust from one of her sisters. She tried to stuff it in the VCR first though :) When they got in bed, they were asleep in about 6 minutes! Nate and I watched a show called State of Play. It was good. One of those mystery, thinker, suspense kind. Relaxing family movie night was good.

To help me feel accomplished, earlier, I made cinnamon rolls and drum roll.....labels for my flour and sugar containers! That makes me happy!

On to more weeks. Thanks for reading this one week of our lives.

No comments: