Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wednesday

Naomi Beauty at Breakfast
Around here we had rice chex or rice krispies with bananas and blueberries on it, toast with jam, milk or coffee and water for breakfast. Got Ava fed good and early this morning. Just in case she wanted to replay the last two days again. Totally restocked my emergency trunk bag before I left. I added several burp cloths to the stash and made sure each girl had a fresh, comfortable outfit in it. Made lunch and snacks for us all and grabbed some fruit for Naomi's teacher gift today on the way out the door. Stella needed the snack in the car. Apparently all that breakfast wasn't enough! We had a nice uneventful drive to school. AAAHHH!
As soon as I kissed Naomi goodbye, we headed to Bible Study Fellowship. Stella was looking forward to seeing Lily there today. It is a refreshing time to study the word and see some good friends at the same time. Two hours away from my kids would normally seem an eternity, but not there. The child care is so great and truly loving my kiddos and teaching them about scriptural truths. I am so thankful for those women and their service.
We did a couple of garage sale drive bys. They were not worth getting out :( Ava fell asleep in mid bite of her peanut butter and jelly while driving to meet Nate for lunch. Stella got her wish and we ate our lunches in the church playground area. She swung and climbed, while pointing out that Naomi would be scared, but not her! She is a daring little girl!
The second we got home, Stel was knocking on the neighbors door. No answer and she was sad. Us girls read some books. Then I rocked Ava a little. Oh, I wish I could have stayed there all day. A baby cuddled on your chest is just the best feeling ever! Stel and I read some more. She recited the nursery rhymes she knew to me. She loves to get each word down and know just what it means.
Then I planted my entire vegetable garden! Not really, just wish I did. I thought maybe I was getting sick, so stayed indoors and browsed my rose catalog (heirloomroses.com) and studied Acts 8 for small group. Then went to Sonic to cure whatever was getting me down. Got a route 44 lime aide. It didn't cure it. I don't even drink pop anymore. And this one did disappoint. But the girls were happy with the drinks I got them.
Waiting for Naomi in the car.


Could you read the orneriness in her face?
We got home from school and I was sure I was not feeling well. Back ache and sore throat, no fever though. Nate cooked eggs and bacon for supper. We all went to small group any way. That is our couples Bible study group. It was good to discuss what I had studied earlier. There were great monster cookies too. Alas, they did not cure me either, but I did try:) Hopefully not contagious. Ya know how ambiguous that can be.
Watched Nate put the girls to bed, while I ordered "Barbie Fairytopia: Magic of the Rainbow" and Boom Chicka Trio from the book order form. The first title is for Naomi. It is the end of her first year. She deserves a fluff book like that, don't ya think? I was thinking Stel could memorize the others and learn her numbers and letters.
No pictures today. Stella took 47 yesterday, ie the one with my apple in my mouth. It was the best one, really! The rest were of pictures on the computer, the ceiling, a Narnia sticker, and dirty chairs of mine. Oh, wait, I did take a pic of Ava...I will download.

Hope it is not a sick day tomorrow!

No comments: