Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our weekend day Monday

Monday is like another Saturday to us here at the Hart household. Nate takes it off and it is such a delight to get up in the morning with him and take care of the girls. Our Monday tradition is to go to Squeak's Donut shop before dropping Naomi off at school. First we had bananas and milk and of course made coffee for Nate and I. Ava wasn't eating much so I rewarmed her milk and gave it to her in the car. Got out of the house on time and on our way to Squeak's. Poor Ava finished her milk and then upchucked it all over her and her seat. Just a little on Naomi and she was good to deal with it. That meant pulling over and thank goodness I still had an extra out fit for her in the trunk bag. Got her changed while Nate cleaned the car seat and put a diaper on the wet spot. Ava seemed fine. We all got donuts and even got one for Naomi's teacher. (it is teacher appreciation week) Dropped Naomi off at school.
We had a few minutes before taking Ava to her Dr appointment. Drove by a house that some friends have made an offer on. It is super cute! I hope they get it.
Off to the Dr.'s. Ava cried as soon as she saw the nurse. She definitely remembers her shots! I know I am going to be waiting a while when the nurse says "The Dr will be in, in a little while to see you." Turns out someone was being taken by ambulance to the hospital...so we waited for some time. Ava was good, no infection, just a little fluid on one ear that will soon drain hopefully. She is having allergies, like mine. Nose running all the time. Starts the instant she hits the door. We are trying allergy meds. I really hate giving her medicine all the time, but also don't want her to suffer with ear problems and snot ALL the time. The poor girl seems to always have something that is just not quite right.
Done at the Dr. at ten fifteen and I was to be at the YMCA at ten thirty. Was not going to meet that! At home, took the yucky car seat out, put socks and shoes on, explained where to dig up the grass to Nater and made it by ten fifty. Did one mile on some sort of machine, push ups, sit ups and stretching. How is Emily getting me to do this much exercise, I don't know!
Got home and wasn't feeling like all the yard work I had to do. Used all my energy at the Y! So, lunch was made and served, cleaned the car seat, researched new car seats and some books for summer learning with the girls at our house. Ordered some books.
The dump truck came with four tons of rocks.
Stella loved watching them get dumped. Here she is with her worms for the day.
Ava helping Daddy!

Nate started hauling them to the area he had just dug up. He was working REALLY HARD! I hope he like the results as much as I do.
As soon as Mia got home from Walmart, Stella was over there living it up until three thirty! They did come to our yard for a quick jump on the trampoline and a short swing. But Stella likes having time in a different house, so they quickly returned to Mia's.
I relaid my soaker hose. I had been resisting doing it, cause it feels like work :) And the dirt gets on me. Did some reading with Ava. Got Stella cleaned up for the All Daughters Banquet at Cheney Baptist Church while Nate went to get Naomi. Encouraged Naomi to clean up for it and stop playing in the rocks. Discussed with Nate our shortage of milk. Which seems to be a pressing issue about every other day! Decided we could last till I went to the store tomorrow. He went to get his other mode of transportation from the church, his bike. Out the door when he got home, with pjs in tow for the girls. These banquets are always two hours long.
Stella with Grandma Patty. We were glad to get to honor her at the banquet.
Naomi with her Grandma Patty. They both look stunning!

While the older girls and I had a good time talking about heaven and the best is yet to come, Nate stayed home with Ava. He said she pushed her bike back and forth on the sidewalk while he finished rock moving. Then played in the back yard while he added some vermiculite to my garden soil. He had also finished my garden gate earlier with the supplies I got at the big HD. (Home Depot) The big news of the evening was that Ava was repeating Nate's words. Moo, hi and other animal sounds were on the list! Yeah! She likes practicing with her Daddy. And Nate is feeling more connected to her after being her provider for three days while I went on a girls weekend two weeks ago.
The girls were asleep when we got home. So glad I made it safely. I am not a strong night driver! I was wondering on the way home how I was going to cope when I was a lot older. Will I be one of those ladies that won't drive at night? I hope not!
Chilled with Nate on the sofa watching Castle and The Office. It was the bat episode. Michael Scott is soooo frustratingly dumb! I am still up in the air if I like watching it or not.
Anyway, blah, blah, blah...this will be more fun with pictures...I will now go find the download cord before posting this:)
God's blessings for your day!

No comments: