Monday, June 21, 2010

Shopping with three

Whoa...went to Kohls after working out this morning. Just needed some shorts for me and some candles. Should have been easy. I like to think we are pretty quiet, as a whole, as a family. We did not seem quiet in the noiseless department store! Why don't I see other moms in there with three young kids? I can answer my own question.

I kept from getting exasperated or mad. It was lunch time. We left with new candles to make our house smell nice, hopefully, and a pair of shorts for me...that I might return. It is a skirt with shorts under it. Seems like over kill for a thirty two year old. I just want something cool and adding a layer, in case I do some somersaults, I guess, is just adding to the heat.

My search for a new purse is over! It has three layers inside, is the right lemon color, and was $4.20! I knew I didn't need an $80 one to get what I was looking for, just patience. Thank you Jesus for good surprises.

We also left one of Stella's flip flops behind. It is not in any of the racks she was hiding in. Not in lost and found. Not on her foot. It was an accident that it slipped off.

We will stay home the rest of the day.

4 comments:

Karen Franklin said...

Jodi, you never know when the urge to do somersaults might hit you--I'm glad you'll be prepared with the hidden shorts!
I'm sorry, but I LOL at Stella's missing flip flop. Thanks for the funny break in my day. Now I have to get back to work.

Tim and Mikelle said...

It was only noiseless b/c my kids and I weren't in there. We should maybe try shopping together and then we can just let our kids rule the roost and pretend they don't belong to us. Moral support, you know:)

Les said...

Why do we even try?!?
But, see you put up with a little insanity and ended up with a perfect purse! I guess that's why we try!

Resa said...

You make me smile! And, hey, those shorts will come in handy on the trampoline!