Thursday, February 4, 2010

Garden Dreams


Since we have lived at this address successful gardening has been elusive. Garden Dreams But still I try! I am going to track the transformation of our garden plot. Boy, I hope something grows, or it could be embarrassing! I took a short class on gardening from a good friend and master gardener a few weeks ago. It condensed all the masses of information into small and understandable information for me. Usually, I read so much and then know too much, but not enough, to tackle the whole project. This time I am going to try to do it step by step. Not skip the hard steps. That usually leads to failure :) I started covering the grass with newspaper to kill it. I only got part of it covered before it snowed, but that is all right. We are planning on taking out that tree and bush as soon as the ground and weather allows. Whew! It looks like a lot of work to me. I can do it. And Nate is on board too! I really want this to show the girls how things grow. They get so excited about the whole amazing process. I think this will be a way to show them delayed gratification and how hard work produces something fun!

No comments: