Friday, February 26, 2010

Random gardening thoughts...

I've been researching were to buy plants from online. I have planned how to redo about one third of our front yard. There are plans in my head for the rest. I'm wishing for something cottagey (probably not a word) and romantic when I drive up to our house. Seems all the things that I thought would be cheap and real easy to get is the opposite. Stinky. Of course, I have those things filling large spaces in my plans.
As you might know, I struggle with keeping things alive and I have no training in gardening, so I am wondering how smart this might be. hmmm Should I let the fear of failure and ruining the whole front of our yard hold me back? Plus, how in the world do I time all this work out for the right planting time? I am also trying to do this and start a garden in the back. Maybe I should just work on that. But it is a lot less romantic. Although, fruits and veggies do bloom a little it is not enough to capture my soul!
Yesterday I researched what humus soil is, because everyone said you need it. Turns out no one can REALLY define it! Boy, that was helpful :)
Anywho.
I am committed to not let the fear hold me back. I will press on in trying to turn the front of my house into a little dreamy escape! I think Nate will lend me his muscles to help make this dream come true. And won't that make it all the better! To know in the end that he and I made the front landscaping together. aaahhhhhh

No comments: