Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Garden Dreams

So I am sitting here looking out my kitchen window. I should be working, but I'll get to that. Right? I am daydreaming about my yard. How I wish for a beautiful yard, but I just can't seem to get it by just daydreaming about it. Hmmm, I wish that were all it took and so do all the other nongardeners, I'm sure. The problem is I desire pretty flowers, cause those are my favorite, but I really don't like outdoor work, except to "work" on my tan. And I am to cheap or think I am to poor to spend any money to have someone do it for me. Our new neighbors are out mowing their bright green grass, for about the 3rd time this week I think, on their brand new oversized mower! Our grass is still a lot more brown than green. We don't even technically own our working lawn mower, ha ha ha. And every tool I seem to buy either dulls or stops charging or something to make them "not that great". The neighbors said they were thinking about putting up a privacy fence where our chain link fence is now. I don't blame them since that is where the past year and a half of leaves have piled, and I am not getting out there soon to vacuum them up! How I will miss gazing into there beautiful yard! I went to my sisters house this last week and saw pretty flowers blooming next to her front porch too! Just like a pretty little cottage. Then I came home and saw my sparse front garden with a few green things poking up around all the dirt. Naomi pointed out that there are ants crawling all over it too! Gross! Not quite a cottage or what I daydream about! My husband really does try. He plants all the plants that I buy, but not watering or watering too much or something seems to keep them small or nonexsiting.
Our goal is this summer is to put in drip irrigation, so all I have to do is turn the knob. I think I can handle that. If not, I'll teach Naomi! Maybe that will make my garden dreams come true.

2 comments:

Resa said...

Mary, mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow? --You can always put out some cockle shells Jo! You have beautiful pots, my dear, plant them full of sunny pansies and you'll have sucess till it gets hot...then we'll come up with something else!

Anonymous said...

You have the most beautiful trees in your front yard...!!!!! AND your house looks awesome. Plenty of time for gardening and such when the kiddos are older and can help us!
Rebecca