Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gardening update


Here is a picture of the clean slate in our front yard!

Worked for an hour in the yard today! That is so unlike me. Maybe there is hope. Not being pregnant or having a new baby are the circumstances that, I am hoping is what is leading to this, not just the sunshine. Got a small shipment of plants in the mail today too. We are not ready to plant them yet, but hopefully with in a week we will have prepared the whole front area and got the dirt and plots ready in the new vegetable garden.
These are high hopes, because this weekend is Easter. Which means we will be at the Easter Sun Run on Saturday serving Youth Horizons. A great and highly anticipated time every year. None of us run the 10 K or the 2 mile. Nate puts together bands and sound for the event and the girls and I stand along the side and cheer :) Plus help prepare some of the food for the barbecue afterwards. Then of course, we have church on Sunday. I am not working the nursery this year and am excited to go to the service to hear the band and the message. I think it has been four years since I have been in the service. Just usually set up and play with babies and tear down. It will be a blessing to worship the rising of Christ this year in a different way. After service we are spending the day with family. The girls are so looking forward to it and are hoping for no rain!
But Monday! The weather is to be nice and I want to (maybe want to is too strong...dream about) do a lot more work preparing. So when my plants arrive they can go into the ground. I hope my attitude matches my dreams. Somewhere I think I can come up with some hard work with in me.
I did start some seeds for the garden all ready...lettuce, onion, tomatoes, peppers, and some rose moss so the girls can pick flowers until their hearts are content! I hope all my seeds turn into plants. I all ready had to pull some out, because I put too many seeds in a space. That about broke my heart. But, I read that it is essential or none of them will be strong. Next time I will just plant one or two seeds. As that process doesn't sit right with me!

1 comment:

Resa said...

Did you take a "before" picture too? Sure looks great...in an empty sort of way. I can't wait to see all the ferns.