Sunday, March 28, 2010

Best Buys

I am rather frugal when it comes to buying anything for myself. Rather it be house decor, cleaning equipment or clothes, makeup, jewelry. It pretty much takes me at least a month of debate with myself to actually decide to purchase something. Maybe crazy, I know. I am working on it. Sometimes I drive Nate nuts with it, but overall I think he is thankful that I would rather spend money on others or having fun. Saying all that, I thought I would post some of my best buys periodically. (I have decided that we can afford some luxuries) Here are some of my best buys as of late!

My favorite so far is my Swivel Sweeper, as seen on TV! Got it at Bed Bath and Beyond. I have a ton of wood floors in my house and this little helper makes general clean up so much faster. It goes on carpet too! Gets all the dried leaves that have been drug in lately before Ava starts eating them.

I am also in the process of starting a vegetable garden and my sister said to get "Square Foot Gardening" by Mel Bartholomew. It thought that was wise advise, so put it on my "to get" list, whenever I make it to the book store. Well, God knew I needed it. So, Thursday I took 5 children, two of them one year old and not walking, to a garage sale....I needed to get out! What do you know, there was the book! Sitting right beside some new Tupperware containers that I had been pondering buying, for 10 cents! I picked up both and called it a successful outing and thank you Jesus! I am really loving reading it. It is always good for me to have a book to refer to on these kind of new things. I can't remember it all the first time I read it. It is encouraging me that I have been on the right track!

Happy Day!

No comments: