Saturday, April 17, 2010

Front Garden coming along

Here are several pictures of the progress we have made in the front of the house. We will start with something that is actually blooming. Just to make it feel happier. Not looking at so much dirt is happier to me. These are violas. They should come back next year. It would please me immensely if I didn't have to re pot these two pots in the front of my house each spring. I think this is my favorite thing I have had planted in them. Ms. Squirrel is happy too :)





On the left is a close up picture of some of the plantings. Got the best ferns from a place online called greenwoodnursery.com. They came healthy and starting to grow green in the bags. Ten for about $25 or $30. I ordered a bag of Ostrich Ferns and a bag of Christmas Ferns. Hoping the Ostrich ones grow tall and the Christmas ferns stay green until... Christmas.










Turns out I ordered so many plants that I am hoping I didn't over crowd them! Some of my Astibles are starting to grown too. I got lavender ones. Did I mention that I wanted all the plants to be purple, green, white or blue? I think other colors clash with our orange brick. Another plant I am super excited about is my white bleeding hearts. I put one on each side of the porch. My attempts at growing these before have never made it :( This time will be different!




This is our wisteria vine on the west side of our house. It is romantic, eh? We planted three more in the back. Of course they are just sticks right now, but so was this one 3 years ago. The smell and aurora of it is giving Nate vision for the whole romantic garden plantings in the front and back. And he is excited about the next three growing big. Hopefully this is the year for them.






Here is the east side of the front. My big strong man moved these boulders to make a seat for the girls right next to their swing. In a few years it should be surrounded by ever blooming hydrangea bushes. There are two planted at the corner, near the girls bedroom window. I want them to bloom blue, not pink. So I am supposed to make the soil acidic. Right now I am watering them with the coffee we don't drink. (coffee makes your body acidic too :() Saving coffee grounds and digging them into the dirt around them too.

That is all for now...it is time for a date with my hubby! Happy day!

2 comments:

Emily B. said...

EEE! I'm getting excited to see all of this grow, it sounds wonderful all the things you've been planting/doing. Good work.

Resa said...

Wonderful! Hey and your pix & text lined up great...just add that to your list of great accomplishments. I love the unfurling frons on the ferns!