Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kid Treasures File Boxes




This is my latest attempt to organize the kids many paper treasures they have or give to us. Recycling them was not the highest option on my five year olds list on what to do with her precious art work from school. Not that I hadn't kept some, but bringing home three Christmas art projects from school a day was getting a little overwhelming for this mom. When I thought about it, I realized that there will only be a short season of their precious lives that they will be giving us many pieces of art work a day. So I made files for each child with tabs for each year of their lives. Then we can file all the art work that would be sad to put in the recycler. I am anticipating it to be fun to look through each year with them as they grow. And maybe they will want their art file when they are grown, but even a bigger possibility is that I will want their art file when they are grown!

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Courtney W. said...

What a great idea! ~Courtney

Shaffer Family Happenings said...

Sam made a gingerbread house at school. It is on a styrofoam meat tray. It is still in our kitchen on top of the microwave.Try throwing that away. I wish I could just file it.