Saturday, September 18, 2010

SAHM world

I am right in the middle of the SAHM world. Which is were I want to be, but I don't know how to make it all gel.
Do you all? What are your best kept SAHM secrets?

Spending time with my wonderful friends has taught me a ton. I love spending time with them in their homes. Sometimes, I wish we lived in a community where we are in and out of each others houses on a daily bases. Ya, know what I mean? Screen doors banging shut with kids AND their parents. Making super together and it not being a huge deal. So does anyone want to move across the street?

Here are some things I have learned from being in my friends homes.

  • Cocoa in your coffee taste GOOD and doesn't have partially hydrogenated what not in it :)
  • Veggie burgers are good!
  • Kids still love their rooms when there isn't a ton of stuff in them!
  • Add a little fiber, it could help you loose weight. Love that!
  • How to clean a room: take everything out of it to vacuum, then put it back. Makes a huge difference. Imagine that!
  • Kids love to play games with adults. Always a good reminder!
  • Don't forget to honor your husband, even while he is at work.
  • Different options for meal planing! Still can't figure this out, but here is a good place to start Meal Planning Simplified.
  • Birthday parties are fun, no matter how elaborate or simple!
  • Admire your children.
  • Watch your kids play outside. They have great drive and imagination!
  • You can hang your measuring cups on the inside of your cabinet doors.
  • Use your label maker to label all kinds of things in your house...to help kids learn the words. (I haven't got to that, mine are just for instructions. Like don't throw the clothes on the floor after being in the dryer:))
  • Making meals to freeze is good.
  • Make your house a HOME for ALL who live in it...not a model home.
  • Teach your child all you know! Don't leave it to the school.
  • Canning food isn't rocket science.

No comments: